Job Title: PT Board Operator/PIB Station: Reno
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Shift: Varies
The position of Board Operator supports the Production/Programming Department, which is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the station’s associated computer/software equipment and systems necessary to meet Production/Programming responsibilities; including other duties s as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating the broadcast board for live and taped broadcasts, inclusive of editing, recording and maintaining network feeds.
- Responsible for protecting the station’s FCC license.
- Organize and gather feeds, edit, and distribute copies of shows; check logs and trouble shoot technical issues/problems.
- May be responsible for setting up remote broadcast equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in the broadcasting industry within a similar role is preferred
- NexGen experience preferred
- Demonstrate Production abilities
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, but not required
- Knowledge in broadcast equipment
- Adobe Audition experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment.
- This is a service oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communication skills, personable interaction with fellow employees.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The position may require use of personal and/or company vehicles for travel to sites as necessary.
- May be required to work other shifts as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety practices
- Valid Drivers’ License and excellent driving record required. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily located in an office environment but will require travel to remote sites Some repetitive motion required.
- Ability to climb ladders, step ladders and other necessary equipment
- Ability to work in small spaces and lift up to 50+ pounds.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About us: Lotus Radio Corp. is a subsidiary of Lotus Communications Corp. and is a media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that own and operates radio properties. Lotus Communications Corp. operates over 35 radio stations in the Western United States, including stations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, Tucson, Fresno, Bakersfield, Boise and Seattle. Our Northern Nevada cluster has been serving the market for nearly 50 years and maintains a dominant position in Active Rock, Classic Rock, Adult Hits, Sports Talk and News Talk radio. Lotus Radio ensures there is no discrimination based on the ground of race, color, religion, genre, age, handicap, veteran status or national origin in respect to recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation and training. Lotus Radio Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please request an application via firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 775-327-9595